Click on the button for JTT details.
USTA / JTT
Code of Conduct
WHAT IS JUNIOR TEAM TENNIS?
DIVISIONS: 12U, 14U, and 18U
LEVELS OF PLAY: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Teams are co-ed and 2 courts are used per match though exhibition matches are encouraged.
- Each team must register a minimum of 3 boys and 3 girls but preferred are 4 boys/girls per team
- No more than 6 boys & 6 girls per team are recommended.
- Each team match consists of SIX (6) individual matches played in order of: Boy’s Doubles, Girl’s Doubles, Boy’s Singles, Girl’s Singles, & 2 Mixed Doubles
- Players must be age eligible through August 31st, 2019 (Seasons include Fall 2018, Winter 2019 & Spring 2019)
- Area Coordinator will schedule Matches using TennisLink Scheduler computer program.
- The schedule will be available on TennisLink and will include the dates, times and location of all matches.
- Lineups should be exchanged between the opposing captains before the match begins.
- No substitution may be made in an individual match after the warm up has begun, except for illness, injury, or no show of a player prior to the start of the match. (i.e. the first point has not been played.)
- If no substitution can be made within 15 minutes, that position will be forfeited.
- Weather conditions that shall authorize the cancellation of a scheduled match are lightning and rain.
- If there is any question about weather, please call April Gift (717) 574-4841
- Make-up matches should be played as soon as possible or rescheduled within a week. This does not mean that the match has to be played but rescheduled. Please give new date to Coordinator so the schedule can be updated.
- Both captains should agree on the makeup day, time and location.
- Inclement Weather During Play: In the event inclement weather occurs after play has begun, completed individual matches will stand as played and incomplete matches must be resumed by the same players at the exact game and point that existed when play was halted. Suggestion: write match details (score, server’s name) down as players leave the court. If matches have to be played individually with the same players, please do so if using several dates to complete. If a match has not begun, players can be changed on that particular court if playing on a different date.
- If both captains agree, a match may be rescheduled due to a majority of players being absent from league play. A reminder that if you have 2 boys and 2 girls, you can play a match in the Central PA local league but must have on your roster 3 boys and 3 girls to continue onto districts.
LOCAL LEAGUE CHAMPION
- Winners will be determined by total games won at the end of the season. The team who has accumulated the most will win their division.
- In the event of a tie at the end of the season, the tie shall be broken by the first of the following procedures that does so:
- Head to Head.
- Least number of sets lost.
- Least number of games lost.
ADVANCEMENT TO CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Winners of the Local League at each division will advance to District Championships.
- Each player must have a history of a minimum of two local team matches played on two separate dates on the team advancing from that season and be age eligible through August 31st. Qualifying teams must have a minimum of 3 girls and 3 boys, registered through TennisLink Team Tennis and have local match results recorded in the system to advance to the Championships. Only one player can be substituted for playoffs either boy or girl if your roster drops below 3 girls or 3 boys.
- Recruit players and parents.
- Complete online background check – VERY IMPORTANT TO DO BEFORE MATCHES BEGIN
- Inform parents of USTA membership requirement and benefits.
- Give league registration dates, fees and instructions to parents.
- Establish days and location for practices/clinics
- Communicate fees and schedules to parents and children
- Try to get a “Team Mom or Team Dad” to bring drinks or snacks and help with transportation or carpooling.
- Teams are responsible for own transportation. It is recommended to try to recruit parents to handle carpooling to practices and matches.
- Each team should designate one team manager for each match (Captain/Coach Duty)
- Encourage good sportsmanship and appreciation for teammates and coaches.
- Require your players to shake hands with each other after the match.
- Home team should enter scores on TennisLink and the visiting team should confirm the scores.
- Be sure to confirm the scores before match is completed.