UPDATE ON SUSPENSION OF PLAY AND EVENT CHANGES
Due to the continued situation surrounding the COVID-19 virus, and after discussions with the USTA Medical Advisory Committee, effective immediately the USTA will extend the suspension of USTA sanctioned products and events through May 31. This includes:
- Adult and Junior Tournaments
- USTA League
- USTA Junior Team Tennis
- USTA Social Leagues
- Team Challenge
- Team Tournaments
- USTA Schools programs
- Tennis on Campus
- Wheelchair events
Additionally, recognizing the evolving and fast-changing nature of this situation, the USTA will continue to monitor and assess conditions to make future determinations about events and activities taking place after May 31.
"The impact of COVID-19 has been felt across the tennis landscape, and it is our goal to ensure that the sport is able to be played in a safe and healthy fashion at the parks and facilities throughout the country once the pandemic subsides," said Patrick Galbraith, Chairman of the Board and President, USTA. "One of the greatest aspects of this game is that it fosters a true community, and we look forward to the time when we can return to our local courts and use tennis to unite us all, once again."
All Category 1 and Super Category 2 National Adult Tournaments with an ITF status, all ITF Junior events, all Junior, Adult and Wheelchair L1 - L3 events, and all USTA Pro Circuit and professional events will align with the same calendar as the ITF, ATP and WTA, and be suspended through July 12. The National Clay Court Championships, slated to begin on July 11, will proceed as scheduled, at this time.
The determination has also been made to suspend the calculation and publication of the National Standings List (NSL) for Adult, Junior and Wheelchair play until further notice. The NSL published on March 18 will serve as the most current until tournament competition resumes.
In addition, to ensure that play taking place at local facilities will be the focus once the pandemic subsides, the following events will be canceled for 2020:
- USTA League National Championships
- USTA Junior Team Tennis National Championships
- USTA Junior Intersectional Team Championships
For more information on the cancelation of the USTA League National Championships and USTA Junior Team Tennis National Championships, please visit the FAQ.
The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, N.Y., is currently closed to the public. The facility’s Indoor Tennis Center has been converted to a temporary hospital for COVID-19 patients, while Louis Armstrong Stadium is being utilized as a commissary to facilitate the creation of meal packages that are being distributed to patients, workers and New York City school children.
The USTA National Campus, in the Lake Nona area of Orlando, Fla., will remain closed for play and instructional opportunities through May 31.
Any patron who wishes to cancel participation in a scheduled activity should contact the specific location for refund information. These policies will be in effect pending additional guidance or directives from each local governmental agency and the CDC. The USTA will continue to monitor and assess conditions to make future determinations about all activities at these facilities.
Start the Captain/Coach process by first completing your background check by clicking here.
NEW COACH / MANAGER REGISTRATION / TEAM CREATION
- Complete registration as a Captain in TennisLink. Go to http://www.tennislink.usta.com/TEAMTENNIS scroll down to “Become a Coach/Manager” and follow registration instructions.
- Enter USTA membership number or if not a member, complete personal information to register and receive your Team Tennis Captain number. Write down your number and password and keep with team information
- Follow instructions to create a new team choosing Section: Middle States, District: Central PA, Area: Central PA Junior Team Tennis.
- Choose Team Name, make sure to choose division your team will be playing in, complete team creation. Make sure to send your team number to your players so they can register
RETURNING COACH / MANAGER REGISTRATION / TEAM CREATION
- You will need your USTA membership or COACH/MANAGER Team Tennis number and password.
- Login at http://tennislink.usta.com/TEAMTENNIS
- Under My Options click on “Create New Team”. Enter Section: Middle States, District: Central PA, Area: Central PA Junior Team Tennis.
- Choose Team Name, make sure to choose division your team will be playing in, complete team creation. Make sure to send your team number to your players so they can register.
- Player(s) will be unable to register for a team without a current USTA membership number.
- Once captains have registered a team in TennisLink they should give the new team number to players to register for their team.
- Individuals may do this, or the captain of the team may wish to collect the fees and enter all the players at one time.
- Player(s) may be added to a team roster prior to the first match of the season.
- Player(s) must be registered on TennisLink prior to participating in a match.
USTA MEMBERSHIP - NEW MEMBER OR RENEWAL
You will need:
- Credit card information (name on card, expiration date, billing zip code)
- If renewal, USTA Number of player
Then follow these steps:
- Go to www.usta.com/Membership
- Complete registration form or click on “Renew Membership” on right menu.
- Complete process, write down or print out membership number.
PLAYER REGISTRATION - COACHES GIVE PLAYERS YOUR TEAM #
- Go to http://tennislink.usta.com/TEAMTENNIS click on “Jr. Team Tennis” under TennisLink
- Click on “Register for a Team”
- Enter Team number and USTA membership number
- Click Proceed to check out
- Verify registration is for correct team
- Enter payment information; select Submit. Print a receipt for a record of your payment.